Breakfast with Gallstones – Organic Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Gallbladder Health Recipes – Organic Strawberry Banana Smoothie
What’s on the Menu:
Good Morning! In previous posts on Gallbladder Health Soup Recipe, I mentioned how much I loved my emersion blender and how I made smoothies with it.
I wanted to show you just how easy it is to make them and give you a couple variations.
First, you start with 1/2 cup of organic vanilla yogurt. In a large cup (big enough to fit the emersion blender) add 2 strawberries, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup whole vitamin D milk. Once you have it all together, put the blender in and viola you have yourself a tasty and healthful breakfast smoothie.
From the Pantry:
- Organic Vanilla Yogurt
- Organic Banana
- Organic Strawberries
- Organic Milk
Often times I will put all the ingredients in a large cup and cover it the night before so all I have to do is blend it up in the morning. I’ve blended it the night before and honestly I don’t recommend it, the fruit and yogurt breaks down and it doesn’t look appealing at all.
In the summertime, I add crushed ice before I blend it and it makes it just a little lighter.
Putting it Together:
Tools to Use:
- Emersion blender
- Large cup
- Chopping board
- Shun knife
- Dish towel
- For kids use a cup with a straw and lid (or else you will need more items in the clean up section below).
I made this one for my daughter which is why I used the whole milk. Guidelines for Gallstones say whole milk is a higher fat milk you should try to avoid so I wanted to give you all variations:
- Substitute for any kind of yogurt you want.
- OR don’t use yogurt at all.
- Use Almond, Coconut or Fat-Free Cows Milk.
- Use any kind of fruit you want.
- Substitute yogurt with Wei protein.
- Don’t be frightened by the name, it’s just protein powder you can find at any grocery store or even on Amazon (save yourself a trip).
How to Serve your Delicious Smoothie:
While I served this for my daughter, this isn’t just a treat for kids. I have a few fun ways to serve for adults. In the photo below you’ll see how much I love Mason Jars. They are not only cute to serve in, but they are environmentally friendly.
- Serve in tall mason jar with a straw.
- Top with granola, honey, fresh fruit or trail mix.
- Put some freshly grated cinnamon or nutmeg on top.
- Sprinkle nuts on top – may want to check with your doc on your gallstone situation I’ve read in some cases nuts aggravate your gallbladder.
- You can make a smoothie bar with a large group.
- Use a regular blender rather than an emersion blender for more than 2 people.
After Your Team has Enjoyed the Smoothie:
Now that you’ve made a delicious and nutritious breakfast or afternoon snack it’s time to clean up – which is minimum with this one. Here are some of my go-to cleanup items that make my job a bit easier:
- Dish soap
- Scrub Brush
- Kitchen Spray